Here is the December calendar of support groups and classes offered by Community Howard Regional Health. For more information, go to www.ecommunity.com/Howard.
- 6 to 7:30 p.m. Dec. 19, community classroom, 3500 S. Lafountain St., call 765-455-1846.
- noon to 6 p.m., Dec. 4, Education classroom, 3500 S. Lafountain St., call 317-517-2689.
- 7 p.m. Dec. 16, Community Howard Specialty Hospital, 829 N. Dixon Road, call 317-219-6116.
- 10 a.m. to noon every Friday, Woman’s Center, 2201 W. Boulevard, 765-480-7739. Baby weigh scales will be available to monitor baby’s weight gain, and a lactation consultant will be available.
- 12:10 to 12:50 p.m. Dec. 6, Community Howard Specialty Hospital, 829 N. Dixon Road, call 765-776-8593. Kay Ellen Simon will discuss palliative care. Lunch for the first 60 will be provided.
- 7 p.m. Dec. 10, Community Classroom, 3500 S. Lafountain St., call 614-312-6382.
- Community Howard Regional Health is home to an Indiana Mothers’ Milk Bank milk depot. Breast milk donors can drop off their milk at this location. When a mother’s own milk is not available, pasteurized donor human milk is dispersed by prescription or hospital order primarily to premature infants in hospital neonatal intensive care units. If you would like to donate, visit themilkbank.org/donate. If you are already a donor and need to schedule a milk drop-off at Community Howard Regional Health, call Maternal and Child Health services at 765-776-5810.
- 7 p.m. Dec. 12, Community Howard Specialty Hospital, 829 N. Dixon Road, call 765-513-9675
Community Howard Regional Health offers Quit Smart smoking cessation classes through the Community Oncology Center. The free Quit Smart program consists of three classes, which meet once each week. For more information or to register call 765-776-8035.