Library to explode with color
Children through fifth grade may join the Kokomo-Howard County Public Library to play outdoors and explore all the fun things that can be done with paint, such as exploding paint bombs and surviving a color war.
The Color Explosion program will be at 1:30 p.m. June 12 at the South Branch, 1755 E. Center Road. Dress for a mess.
Experience more than books at library
Love to play cornhole, disc golf, or bocce ball? Want to host a karaoke night? Maybe you are tackling some DIY projects and could use a stud-finder, or craft projects and need a Cricut. The Kokomo-Howard County Public Library now has all of those things available free for checkout as Experience Kits.
Experience Kits help the library meet the community’s needs. “People today are becoming more and more experience-driven,” said Lisa Fipps, director of marketing for the library. “People want to try new things. So in addition to offering books, movies, music, and more in a variety of forms, we offer a number Experience Kits and add to the collection periodically.”
In addition to the new Experience Kits, the library offers these Experience Kits:
• Code & Go Robot Mouse STEM Experience Kit
• PicassoTiles STEM Experience Kit
• KEVA Planks STEM Experience Kit
• Dungeons & Dragons Experience Kit
• Yardzee Experience Kit
• Glasses for the Colorblind Experience Kit
• Snap Circuits Jr. STEM Experience Kit
• Starling Experience Kit
• Dog Lover’s Dementia Experience Kit
• Cat Lover’s Dementia Experience Kit
• Flip-Pal Scanner Experience Kit
• Hiking Experience Kit
• Tenergy ODEV Dynamo Lantern Educational STEM Building Toy Kit
• Science Central Membership Card
• Eiteljorg Museum of American Indians and Western Art Annual Pass
Library renames reading program
The Kokomo-Howard County Public Library’s Storytime has been renamed to Growing Readers to reflect the true focus of the program.
Children of all ages are welcome at any program; however, books are selected and activities are based on the age listed.
Growing Readers for June 17 to July 31 (with no programs the week of June 30-July 6) are as follows:
• Little Learners (3-5 years) 10:30 to 11 a.m. Mondays
• Tiny Tykes (birth-2 years) 10:30 to 11 a.m. Wednesdays
• Little Learners (3-5 years) 11 to 11:45 a.m. Wednesdays
• Tiny Tykes (birth-2 years) 10 to 10:45 a.m. Wednesdays
• Little Learners (3-5 years) 10 to 11 a.m. Mondays
Special events, holidays, and school breaks may change this schedule. Please check the events at khcpl.org to confirm a program date.