Many of us are still feeling tired after a week of holiday festivities and would like to do nothing more than curl up with a warm blanket and stay indoors.
Yet, downtown Kokomo beckons as January’s First Friday is celebrating all things cozy with its “Hygge Happiness” event today.
Hygge is a Danish and Norwegian word for a mood of coziness and comfortable conviviality with feelings of wellness and contentment.
Experience the coziness — the Hygge-ness? — of downtown shops, eateries and more during First Friday January’s Hygge Happiness event.
Several downtown businesses will be open during the 5:30 to 9 p.m. event today.
Here’s a few of the happenings planned for the evening so far:
• Artworks Gallery is hosting a s’mores buffet in addition to a live painting demonstration beginning at 5:30 p.m. Visitors will also be able to sign up for upcoming art classes like oil painting and pottery.
• If you are ready to break some New Year’s resolutions, the Kokomo-Howard County Public Library main branch is hosting “Donut Judge Me” from 5:30 to 9 p.m., where visitors can decorate and eat donuts. Kids can also play Nintendo Switch and Minecraft.
• PF Hendricks & Company will be open with a sale on fleece, flannel and select active wear. Be sure to warm up at their fire pit as well.
• The Frozen Sandlot will be open from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. at Kokomo Municipal Stadium, with $5 off coupons available at various downtown locations.
• Studio Black will debut a new look during First Friday, beginning at 5 p.m.