Some pearls of wisdom we compiled today — and a bunch of other stuff you could probably live without.
Half a dozen residents at a local long-term care facility have died due to a recent COVID-19 outbreak, local health officials said, marking the first major outbreak in a nursing home for months.
NEW ALBANY — A local nonprofit focused on providing fresh, affordable produce has recently expanded its outreach in Southern Indiana with a focus on community partnerships.
BELGRADE, Serbia — Their songs are about "women chained" in abuse witnessed by generations, or teenage brides being forced into marriage by their fathers. And they tell women to seek love, fight back and stand up for their right to be equal with men.
Kieran Moïse's afro was a splendid 19 inches, a huge part of his personality. But after six years of growth, the 17-year-old Alabamian knew that he and his hair would soon be parted: He was bound for the U.S. Air Force Academy.
JEFFERSONVILLE — A World War II veteran and longtime hospital volunteer celebrated a major birthday milestone this week as community members, friends and family members gathered to show their love and appreciation.
KATHMANDU, Nepal — The scenic Himalayan mountain trails that normally draw throngs of foreign trekkers to Nepal have been empty for more than a year, with most of the country's tourism industry still shut down by the pandemic.
This Week's Circulars
- Steel Parts Manufacturing in Tipton to permanently close
- Construction of new U.S. 31 bridge in Tipton Co. set to start
- Police: Father, son arrested after fight with deputies
- Laird's Training expanding, building new facility on city's south side
- A DAY WITH .... Granpa Cratchet: Local comedian and puppeteer reflects on 40-year career
- Functional Devices workers to vote on forming union
- Western names new Primary principal
- Citizen's tip leads to arrest of Michigan woman
- Music at the Fairgrounds to feature local talent
- Police seeking man in recent theft case