Q: I appreciate your traditional, call it old-fashioned approach to child rearing, but I’m a tad confused and hope you can help straighten out my thinking.
This Week's Circulars
- Wallick Mansion set to offer one-of-kind estate sale
- Kokomo artist sues city over winter fall on Walk of Excellence
- Police: Woman smuggled meth into prison while children left alone in hotel
- 'A great man': Fallen Trooper Peter Stephan honored during emotional funeral and burial
- Kokomo wins grant to help pave 15 miles
- Letter: Stop spreading fake news, lies
- Striking workers accept fiscal pain in hopes of better contract
- Goodnight endorses Smith, criticizes Moore in election lead-up
- Hidden Hills residents enraged by decision to close 5 roads over dams
- The Iron Fist: After nearly dying from gunshot, Kokomo man opens boxing club to inspire kids
I’ve always been terrible at saying goodbye. It must be some kind of Midwestern thing, where we all stand by the door, drawing out the conversation until we can no longer postpone the inevitable.
Hip-hip hooray — Easter is on its way! Whether you are a parent of small children or an adult looking for an Easter egg hunt just for you, there are plenty of Easter-related activities happening over the next two weekends.
As I have mentioned in several previous columns, I started watching superhero movies nearly 6 years ago when I met my husband Scott. He’s always been a huge Marvel Comics fan — and will grudgingly watch DC movies, too — so I started sharing in his interest.
We are all guilty of spending too much time streaming television and movies on Netflix during our free time. But for kids, too much screen time can actually be detrimental for their brain development and overall health.
Eastern junior and senior high students have been busy for months preparing to present the musical “Hello, Dolly!” this weekend. This year, 145 students make up the cast and crew.
Your palms are sweaty and you nervously pick the hot pink nail polish off your thumb. There’s your crush, walking down the junior high hallway with his swoopy hair and Abercrombie polo. You, in your American Eagle hoodie, hide behind your Lisa Frank binder.
Tired of waiting for the next season of “Dancing with the Stars” to premiere on ABC? Well you’re in luck — Kokomo’s own Dancing with the Stars competition is returning on Saturday, featuring five new celebrity couples.