The Fraternal Order of Police Lodge 078 has announced a full list of outreaches raising money for the family of Howard County Deputy Carl Koontz, who was killed in the line of duty Sunday.
The following campaigns have been approved and endorsed by the local FOP lodge:
- America Going Blue 34-76 Yard Sign: Printed and sold by Clifford Signs Inc., 1115 E. Markland Ave. Telephone number, 765-453-0745. Signs are in high-demand and delays are expected. $10 per sign.
- Remember Carl Koontz T-shirts: Printed and sold by Kokomo Uniform, 500 S. Berkley Road. Telephone number, 765-450-5433. Customization available. T-shirts are in high-demand and delays are expected. Pricing varies.
- Remember Carl Koontz T-shirts: Printed and sold by Expressions Silk Screen Design, 500 N. Main St. Telephone number, 765-868-2681. T-shirts are in high-demand and delays are expected. Pricing varies.
- Deputy Koontz Memorial T-shirts: Printed and sold online by TeeSpring. Website, www.teespring.com/deputy-koontz-memorial-shirt34. $15 plus shipping. Limited time only.
- Blue Light Support: Blue light bulbs to show your support. Handy Hardware, 431 W. North St. Telephone number, 765-459-3620. Accepting free-will donations. Recommended at least $1 per light bulb. While supplies last.
- Blue Ribbon Support: Small and large blue ribbons available by Banner Flower House, 1017 S. Buckeye St. Telephone number 765-459-5166. Small blue ribbons free of charge. Large blue ribbons are $10.00 each. Call ahead with large orders. Donations accepted on-site. While supplies last.
- Koontz GoFundMe Campaign: Online monetary donations are being accepted via GoFundMe. Managed and monitored by the FOP. Website, www.gofundme.com/k2v3b5kc.
- Buckley GoFundMe Campaign: Online monetary donations are being accepted via GoFundMe. Managed and monitored by the FOP. Website, www.gofundme.com/sgtbuckley.
- Offline Donations: Mail donations to Fraternal Order of Police Lodge #078, 102 W. Markland Avenue, Kokomo, IN, 46901. Designate on the memo line or by note who the funds are designated for (Koontz Fund or Buckley Fund).
- Donations can be dropped off in person at the FOP #078 Lodge, 102 W. Markland Avenue, between the hours of 5 p.m. to 11 p.m. on Tuesdays thru Saturdays.
Local law enforcement agencies are also partnering with Lowe’s to give out free blue light bulbs. The store is having more than 500 blue light bulbs shipped to its Kokomo location at 4005 S. Lafountain St.
Local officers will hand out the bulbs free of charge from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday at the store. Officers ask that each household take no more than one light so as many families as possible can get one.
The Howard County Sheriff’s Department will also assist with a motorcycle rally Saturday that will raise money for the family.
The rally will start at the Grissom Air Museum, 1000 W. Hoosier Blvd., Peru, and ride to the Howard County Sheriff’s Department. Registration begins at 1 p.m. at the museum. The ride will leave at 2 p.m., with police officers escorting riders.
Participants are asked to give at least $5 and bring a rose or flower to place on the memorial at the sheriff’s department.
All makes and models of motorcycles are welcome.