Some pearls of wisdom we compiled today — and a bunch of other stuff you could probably live without.
AGIOS ATHANASIOS, Greece (AP) — What does a medical professional do when his wife and in-laws contract the disease at the center of a months-long pandemic?
TEHRAN, Iran (AP) — As the coronavirus pandemic ravages Iran, home to the Mideast's worst outbreak, a women's group hopes to empower its members by helping them make and sell face masks.
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) — Two days before Thanksgiving, on the eve of a turkey giveaway for dozens of jobless residents in an impoverished Miami neighborhood, Sherina Jones got word that one of the free community refrigerators she'd been stocking was stolen.
After having a week off, I'm ready to get in touch with you all again. Why not have a seat in my kitchen and join me as we chat over steaming hot chocolate? These days I keep thinking of life and jigsaw puzzles. You know how you keep straining your eyes, positive that there must be a missing…
In mid-March, as the coronavirus was ravaging communities and economies around the world, The Associated Press launched its " One Good Thing " series to highlight individuals whose actions offer glimmers of light in dark times.
ALZANO LOMBARDO, Italy (AP) — Emotions are running high this holiday season at the Martino Zanchi Foundation nursing home in northern Italy near Bergamo after months of near-total isolation for its residents.
Eileen Nagle sees her family in video chats and drive-by visits, but that hasn't made up for the lack of warm hugs in the nine months since the pandemic led her nursing home to shut its doors to visitors.
The pandemic didn't allow Debra Ferrell to gather with her whole family for her birthday. So instead, she celebrated the day by giving back — with 53 gifts from her heart.
This Week's Circulars
- Local FCA plants now owned by Stellantis following merger
- Healthy Kokomo closing downtown
- Windfall pushes back on county takeover of Ind. 213
- Howard County readies vaccination ramp up
- KPD lieutenant takes 2nd in Tactical Games qualifier
- FOOTBALL: Betzner excited to lead Carroll
- 12 Guard members removed from Biden inauguration
- Kokomo native's middle-grade novel tackles fatphobia
- County moves COVID clinic to Event Center
- Billboard mystery: Signs touting Kokomo's '61 championship puzzle drivers