IN THEATERS THIS WEEK
• “UglyDolls” (PG): An animated adventure in which the free-spirited UglyDolls confront what it means to be different and ultimately discover who you truly are is what matters most. The voice cast includes Kelly Clarkson, Nick Jonas, Janelle Monáe and Blake Shelton.
• “Long Shot” (R): When Fred Flarsky (Seth Rogen) reunites with his first crush, one of the most influential women in the world, Charlotte Field (Charlize Theron), he charms her. As she prepares to make a run for the Presidency, Charlotte hires Fred as her speechwriter and sparks fly.
• “The Intruder” (PG-13): A young married couple (Michael Ealy, Meagan Good) buy a beautiful house on several acres of land only to find out that the man they bought it from (Dennis Quaid) refuses to let go of the property.
• “El Chicano” (R): A pair of twin brothers from East L.A. choose to live their lives differently and end up on opposite sides of the law.
NOW OUT ON VIDEO
• “Serenity” (R): The mysterious past of a fishing boat captain (Matthew McConaughey) comes back to haunt him, when his ex-wife (Anne Hathaway) tracks him down with a desperate plea for help, ensnaring his life in a new reality that may not be all that it seems.
• “Miss Bala” (PG-13): A woman ( Gina Rodriguez) finds a power she never knew she had when she is drawn into a dangerous world of cross-border crime. Surviving will require all of her cunning, inventiveness, and strength.
• “Arctic” (PG-13): Mads Mikkelsen (“Hannibal”) stars as a man stranded in the Arctic after an airplane crash who must decide whether to remain in the relative safety of his makeshift camp or to embark on a deadly trek through the unknown in hopes of making it out alive.
NEWS OF THE WEIRD
By Chuck Sheppard
Scrooge Report: As Clayton Lucas, 25, was being transported through East Deer Township, Pa., from a halfway house to a treatment class on the morning of March 4 (69 days after Christmas), the van driver regaled him with Christmas songs. Turns out Lucas isn’t a fan of holiday tunes, so he reached into the front seat and began choking the unnamed driver, who was strangled almost to the point of losing consciousness, according to police. Another driver flagged down a state trooper and alerted him about an altercation happening on the shoulder of the highway. The officer arrested him on multiple charges and took him back to jail.