IN THEATERS THIS WEEK
• “Rocketman” (R): A small-town English boy becomes one of the most iconic figures in pop culture in this musical fantasy of Elton John’s breakthrough years. Taron Egerton stars and sings in the title role.
• “Godzilla: King of the Monsters” (PG-13): When ancient super-species including Godzilla, Mothra, Rodan and the three-headed King Ghidorah rise again, they all vie for supremacy – leaving humanity’s very existence hanging in the balance. Starring Kyle Chandler, Vera Farmiga and Millie Bobby Brown.
• “MA” (R): A lonely woman (Octavia Spencer) befriends a group of teenagers and decides to let them party at her house. Just when the kids think their luck couldn’t get any better, things start happening that make them question the intention of their host.
NOW OUT ON VIDEO
• “Greta” (R): Academy Award winning director Neil Jordan helms this drama of a young woman (Chloë Grace Moretz) who befriends a lonely widow who’s harboring a dark and deadly agenda towards her.
Most valuable MLB franchises
According to its annual “The Business Of Baseball” report, Forbes has ranked the most valuable teams in MLB:
1. New York Yankees - $4.6 B
2. Los Angeles Dodgers - $3.3 B
3. Boston Red Sox - $3.2 B
4. Chicago Cubs - $3.1 B
5. San Francisco Giants - $3 B
6. New York Mets - $2.3 B
7. St. Louis Cardinals - $2.1 B
8. Los Angeles Angels - $1.9 B
9. Philadelphia Phillies - $1.85 B
10. Houston Astros - $1.775 B
NEWS OF THE WEIRD
By Chuck Sheppard
Mistaken Identity: Passengers on a Melbourne, Australia, commuter train dove under seats, cried and texted their loved ones on March 28 when police locked down the Flagstaff Station in response to a report of a man with a rifle case acting suspiciously, according to the Associated Press. As it turned out, Will Austin, a busker aboard the train, was performing breathing exercises in advance of playing his didgeridoo — an indigenous wind instrument that Austin was carrying in a long bag. Oblivious to police wearing body armor and carrying assault rifles, Austin admitted “I probably looked pretty suspicious, I suppose, just waltzing around and slowly walking out” before officers stopped him to search his bag. Nothing to see here.