Volunteers wrapped gifts on Wednesday, November 18, 2020, at the former Pittsburgh Plate Glass building at 1500 E. Murden Street in preparation for Kokomo Rescue Mission’s Red Ribbon Christmas. The event provides Christmas food and gift assistance to households in need. The outreach, which began about 45 years ago, now provides personalized gifts for hundreds of families. There are still multiple volunteer opportunities available for the event, which will be held on Saturday, December 19. Volunteers can sign up on the Rescue Mission’s website for future present wrapping dates on Dec. 2, 3, and 7. Volunteers are also needed to drive and deliver Red Ribbon Christmas boxes on the day of the event. To comply to COVID regulations, all attending will need to register online, wear a mask, and social distance.
Support local journalism
We are making critical coverage of the coronavirus available for free.
Please consider subscribing so we can continue to bring you the latest news and information on this developing story.
This Week's Circulars
- Howard Co. sees record shattering number of new COVID cases
- Howard Co. issues new restrictions to curb surging COVID cases
- Holcomb: Statewide shutdown last resort to slow virus
- Howard County jail reports 1st COVID cases
- Man stabbed, girlfriend arrested
- Kokomo schools going virtual Nov. 23-Dec. 4
- 3 killed in fiery crash in Cass County
- Bodies from car fire to undergo DNA testing
- Eastern Schools to go to virtual learning
- Kokomo couple fights cancer, serious car crash