It’s a sunny day, in fact it’s a bit humid and makes it feel like summer a couple weeks early. Each season comes with its blessings, but also things to work with. Whether we grump over the heat or fuss over all the extra clothes it takes to keep five little ones warm during the winter month,…
Whenever I visited Phyllis Baskerville’s toy museum in Fortville, I was mesmerized by the endless array of toys, dolls, board games, records, lunchboxes and old magazines, each one in mint condition, and all impeccably displayed. She could talk non-stop — and often did — about any toy you ex…
Q: Our 14-year-old (he’s going into the ninth grade at a public high school) has taken up with a bunch of kids that we don’t exactly approve of. They have reputations as troublemakers and at least one has already been arrested for shoplifting and had to do some community service. The irony i…
When more of Robert Mueller's report is made public, will the majority of Americans share the attorney general's opinion there isn't sufficient evidence the president acted to obstruct the Russia investigation?
When true stories are called “fake news,” and when our president calls the free press “the enemy of the American people,” you know it’s time to stand up for open government.
Susan Alexander of the Greater Kokomo Downtown Association sends this Cheer on behalf of the Strawberry Festival Committee to volunteers, vendors and event sponsors:
Cheers and Jeers
This Week's Circulars
- Kokomo man arrested in rape case
- Semis collide; residents evacuated; U.S. 31 north closed
- Indiana State Police investigating death at prison
- Howard Co. woman says Great Wall Facebook 'maggots' post was not malicious
- Kokomo student competing for Miss Indiana's Outstanding Teen
- Trial begins in case of infant's death
- Kokomo man found guilty of murder in infant death
- Tipton to be featured on TV show about small Indiana towns
- Victim's mother testifies in infant death trial
- Hemp hits Howard County: Local grower plants area's first crop, but will the commodity live up to the hype?