Tribune reader Jon Fruth took this photo in August 2012 of the Haynes Automobile Factory on South Union Street in Kokomo before it was razed. The Haynes Automobile Company built automobiles in Kokomo from 1905 to 1924. The company was formerly known as the Haynes-Apperson company, and produced automobiles under that name from 1896 to 1905. Co-founder Elwood Haynes changed the name of the company after co-founders Elmer and Edgar Apperson left to form the Apperson Brothers Automobile Company in 1901. The company went bankrupt in 1924 and went out of business in 1925.