In 1876, Samuel Davis brought his stock of goods from Ohio and opened Bee Hive dry goods store on Walnut Street. The Bee Hive sold carpets, cloaks, notions and other dry goods of various kinds. After Davis retired, his son Henry took over, and after a few years he sold it to W.H. Turner, who continued the business as Turner's Department Store. The building, then called the Barko/Turner Building, was razed in April 2016 and grass grows in the now empty lot.
This Week's Circulars
- Howard County bars sales of nonessential items at essential businesses
- Police: Kokomo woman confessed to drowning grandson
- 'There are no profits here': City's small businesses fight to stay alive amid mandated closure
- Howard Co reports 2nd COVID death, extends travel advisory
- GM hiring local workers to build ventilators in Kokomo
- UPDATE: GM recalls 1,000 workers to build ventilators at Kokomo plant
- Area residents sue insurance agent
- Schools to be closed for remainder of school year
- Lane restrictions planned for U.S 31 in Miami Co.
- Amish muster communities against COVID-19