Erb went 3-0 at heavyweight in Western's duals against South Dearborn, Carroll of Allen County and Richmond.
Western boys basketball coach Mike Lewis quickly pinpointed the key to the Panthers' 59-42 victory over Sectional 20 rival Maconaquah on Friday.
FRANKFORT – An inefficient start to the first half wound up coming back to haunt Eastern’s boys basketball team on Friday night as the Comets traveled to Clinton Prairie for a Hoosier Heartland showdown that ended in favor of the Gophers, 52-42.
Eastern’s wrestling team scored eight pins in a commanding 54-30 victory over Frankton on Thursday night in Greentown. The Eagles entered the match ranked No. 6 in Class A in the Indiana Mat class rankings.
Kokomo’s girls swimming and diving team beat West Lafayette and Harrison in a double dual Wednesday in the Red Devils’ pool. The Katfish beat West Lafatette 56-28 and beat Harrison 44-40.
Eastern’s boys basketball charged back from a seven-point deficit to start the fourth quarter and beat the Northfield 50-48 in Greentown Tuesday night when the Comets’ Levi Mavrick hit a 15-foot jumper with 1.9 seconds left.
Blake Betzner’s new job is as close to a homecoming as he can get without actually going home. The Maconaquah product was named the new football coach at Carroll this week, where his wife, Halee, went to school, and where his father-in-law, John Hendryx, formerly coached.
Iowa used a late 17-2 run to surge past Purdue and the Hawkeyes went on to beat the Boilermakers 87-81 in a Big Ten women's basketball game Monday.
Northwestern's bid for a repeat Hoosier Conference girls swimming and diving championship seemed in question when the Tigers lost standout Jaylyn Harrison and three others to quarantine.
This Week's Circulars
- Local FCA plants now owned by Stellantis following merger
- Healthy Kokomo closing downtown
- Windfall pushes back on county takeover of Ind. 213
- Howard County readies vaccination ramp up
- KPD lieutenant takes 2nd in Tactical Games qualifier
- FOOTBALL: Betzner excited to lead Carroll
- 12 Guard members removed from Biden inauguration
- Kokomo native's middle-grade novel tackles fatphobia
- County moves COVID clinic to Event Center
- Billboard mystery: Signs touting Kokomo's '61 championship puzzle drivers