Wisconsin fired football coach Paul Chryst on Sunday after a 2-3 start to his eighth season leading the school where he played, in the city where he grew up.
The Indianapolis Colts needed a hero late in Sunday’s game at Lucas Oil Stadium.
As the stars of NASCAR raged over safety concerns with the new car, rumors swirled the drivers would organize some sort of protest at one of the most dangerous tracks on the circuit.
Casey Thompson threw for two touchdowns and ran for another and Nebraska beat a Football Bowl Subdivision opponent for the first time in 364 days with a 35-21 victory over Indiana on Saturday night.
The NFL’s handling of concussions has evolved dramatically from the days when players were given smelling salts on the bench and sent back into the game.
Two months into the season, it looked like the New York Mets were headed for an NL East runaway.
Aaron Judge tied Roger Maris’ American League record of 61 home runs in a season, hitting a tiebreaking, two-run drive for the New York Yankees in the seventh inning that led them over Toronto Blue Jays 8-3 on Wednesday night.
Led by the championship effort of Abby Jordan and an entire team of all-conference performers, Maconaquah’s girls cross country won the five-team Three Rivers Conference meet by a healthy 38-point margin on Saturday at Tippecanoe Valley.
Three ranked squads lead the way in the KT area as the IHSAA girls and boys state soccer tournaments play out this week as the boys tournament starts today and local girls sectionals kick off on Tuesday.
A promising start by Northwestern’s football team at Western came to an abrupt reversal Friday night.
Kokomo's football team shook off a slow start to hammer Anderson 45-7 in a North Central Conference game Friday night at Anderson.
Support local journalism
Local news, sports and entertainment when you want it.
Please consider subscribing so we can continue to bring you the best local news, sports and entertainment coverage.
This Week's Circulars
- Part of US 31 in Tipton County to close
- Colts confident protection problems can be fixed
- Taylor Middle School's new therapy dog is a calming presence
- Babe Pryor, starter on Kokomo’s 1961 champs, left indelible mark
- Settlement reached in lawsuit over 2017 house fire deaths
- Huntington man charged in Miami County molest case
- Hart charged with the murder of his mother
- FOOTBALL: No. 6 Wildkats smack Indians; area roundup
- FOOTBALL: Big-play Panthers race to victory over Tigers
- Boutique owner hopes to empower others with breast cancer