Northwestern’s boys tennis team had a battle on its hands in defeating Eastern 5-0 at Northwestern High School Thursday.
The Sprint Car Smackdown at the Kokomo Speedway is a grind that requires near perfect execution on the first two nights to give a driver a realistic opportunity for Saturday night’s huge finale.
Carroll and Tri-Central of the Hoosier Heartland Conference and Peru of the Three Rivers Conference all had losing records in the 2018 football campaign, and all three would like to see improvement in the new season.
It was at this time a year ago that California driver Justin Grant finally began to hit his stride in his first season driving the TOPP Motorsports/NOS Energy Drink No. 4.
Western’s boys and girls teams came out on top Wednesday in the Northwestern Combination cross country meet. The meet consists of three races – one for the 1-2 runners, one for the 3-4 runners, and a third for the 5-6-7 and JV runners. The top five times are added for a team score.
California native Thomas Meseraull cut his racing teeth against the likes of former NASCAR Cup Series driver A.J. Allmendinger, but while Allmendinger went to the Indy Racing League before heading South, Meseraull found his peace and joy running bullrings aboard either a midget or sprint car.
Tipton's football team will have a lot of new faces in the starting lineup win it opens the season on Friday, but the program’s main goal will remain the same: win a sectional championship.
An explosive offense and stout defense led Eastern’s football team to one of its best seasons in school history last year, winning its first seven games on the way to an 8-2 record.
Maconaquah's football team had one of the largest improvements in the state last year, winning nine games after totaling just four victories during the previous two seasons.
Northwestern's volleyball team will come at opponents with one of the best dish-and-deliver combinations in the state in setter Kendal Rooze and outside hitter Madison Layden.
This Week's Circulars
- 'We want to remember him': Tipton alum donates $30,000 to build new workout facility in honor of friend
- Police: Man crashes stolen SUV into Grissom fence
- City of Kokomo preserving vacant home built in 1875
- Indiana's red flag law gets national attention after mass shootings
- Kokomo business owner killed in crash
- Health officials step up Mississinewa algae advisory
- A student's best friend
- Judge: Miami Co. must fix 6 dams in housing addition
- Cops: Girl, 9, struck headstones in car
- Mississinewa Lake placed under blue-green algae advisory