Anthony Davis didn’t need to score big to control a game for Kentucky.
Former NFL kicker Tom Dempsey, who played in the NFL despite being born without toes on his kicking foot and made a record 63-yard field goal, died late Saturday while struggling with complications from the new coronavirus, his daughter said. He was 73.
Scott McLaughlin’s real IndyCar debut is on hold because of the coronavirus pandemic. The Australian V8 SuperCars champion isn’t letting that stop him from learning how to virtually drive the cars.
Dana White must be a smart guy. He did, after all, build UFC from almost nothing into the entertainment and sports juggernaut it is today.
Recent Sports Galleries
Rangers veteran Shin-Soo Choo is helping out financially strapped minor league players with the season on hold, giving $1,000 each to 191 of them who are in the Texas organization.
The five 3D printers at NASCAR's Research & Technology center — two delivered in February and installed less than two weeks ago — are typically focused on composite parts and working on an updated stock car.
The NCAA will permit spring sport athletes — such as baseball, softball and lacrosse players — who had their seasons shortened by the coronavirus outbreak to have an additional year of eligibility.
The most famous timeout called in the history of the NCAA men's basketball tournament has been variously called the biggest mistake, the biggest choke, the most embarrassing gaffe, all because that timeout didn't actually exist.
Tokyo Olympic organizers seem to be leaning away from starting the rescheduled games in the spring of 2021. More and more the signs point toward the summer of 2021.
Bob Weir of the Grateful Dead sang the national anthem from a remote location. Troy Aikman, borrowing Matthew McConaughey's trademark phrase “Alright, alright, alright,” commanded drivers to start their, uh, simulators.
Roger Penske, at 83 and considered high risk for the coronavirus as a 2017 kidney transplant recipient, still makes the daily three-minute commute to his Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, office.
This Week's Circulars
- 'There are no profits here': City's small businesses fight to stay alive amid mandated closure
- Police: Kokomo woman confessed to drowning grandson
- Howard Co reports 2nd COVID death, extends travel advisory
- Howard County bars sales of nonessential items at essential businesses
- GM hiring local workers to build ventilators in Kokomo
- UPDATE: GM recalls 1,000 workers to build ventilators at Kokomo plant
- Area residents sue insurance agent
- Schools to be closed for remainder of school year
- International students scramble to return to families amidst pandemic
- Lane restrictions planned for U.S 31 in Miami Co.