The Indiana Pacers hired Lloyd Pierce, Ronald Nored, Mike Weinar and Jenny Boucek as assistant coaches for new coach Rick Carlisle on Friday.
Flamboyant may be too mild of a word to describe Bobby “Slick” Leonard, who contributed mightily to Indiana’s reputation as the basketball hotbed of the nation for the past 65 years.
INDIANAPOLIS — Reserve guard Miles Bridges scored a season-high 23 points and the short-handed Charlotte Hornets overcame another injury and beat the Indiana Pacers 114-97 on Friday night.
Recent Sports Galleries
DALLAS (AP) — Domantas Sabonis had 22 points and 15 rebounds, Malcolm Brogdon also scored 22 points, and the Indiana Pacers hit early and often from long range in a 109-94 win over the Dallas Mavericks on Friday night.
PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — The Indiana Pacers figured if they slowed down Damian Lillard and CJ McCollum, they'd have a good chance against the Portland Trail Blazers.
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. — Doug McDermott scored 23 points and the Indiana Pacers beat Miami 109-92 on Friday in a game delayed for several minutes late in the third quarter when Heat forward Derrick Jones Jr. was carted off the court.
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Golden State's plan to double-team Domantas Sabonis in the post allowed Indiana's big man to show off his passing skills and gave the Pacers plenty of open looks from the perimeter.
A person familiar with the negotiations says free agent guard Justin Holiday has agreed to a one-year contract worth $4.8 million with the Indiana Pacers.
This Week's Circulars
- Steel Parts Manufacturing in Tipton to permanently close
- Construction of new U.S. 31 bridge in Tipton Co. set to start
- Laird's Training expanding, building new facility on city's south side
- Police: Father, son arrested after fight with deputies
- A DAY WITH .... Granpa Cratchet: Local comedian and puppeteer reflects on 40-year career
- Western names new Primary principal
- Functional Devices workers to vote on forming union
- Citizen's tip leads to arrest of Michigan woman
- Music at the Fairgrounds to feature local talent
- Leeman lands fishing scholarship at Kentucky Christian