Toronto coach Nick Nurse knew needed somebody to replace the scoring void left by two missing All-Stars.
When Malcolm Brogdon caught a pass from Doug McDermott on the right wing in the waning seconds of overtime, he didn't hesitate to launch the deep shot.
Marcus Morris Sr. scored a season-high 20 points to lead seven players in double figures, and the Los Angeles Clippers defeated the Indiana Pacers 129-96 on Sunday night for their first four-game winning streak of the season.
Recent Sports Galleries
PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — The Indiana Pacers figured if they slowed down Damian Lillard and CJ McCollum, they'd have a good chance against the Portland Trail Blazers.
Malcolm Brogdon capped a 21-point, 11-assist performance by bouncing in a driving, one-handed floater with 1.7 seconds left in overtime, and the Indiana Pacers beat the New Orleans Pelicans 118-116 on Monday night.
Domantas Sobonis had 22 points, 11 assists and 10 rebounds, and the Indiana Pacers used big scoring runs in the second and third quarters to cruise to a 125-106 victory over the Chicago Bulls on Saturday night.
This Week's Circulars
- Local FCA plants now owned by Stellantis following merger
- Healthy Kokomo closing downtown
- Windfall pushes back on county takeover of Ind. 213
- Howard County readies vaccination ramp up
- KPD lieutenant takes 2nd in Tactical Games qualifier
- FOOTBALL: Betzner excited to lead Carroll
- 12 Guard members removed from Biden inauguration
- Kokomo native's middle-grade novel tackles fatphobia
- County moves COVID clinic to Event Center
- Billboard mystery: Signs touting Kokomo's '61 championship puzzle drivers