Tom “Grouch” Clougher still recalls approaching the home of his best friend Robert Ryder one afternoon in southeast Brooklyn in 1944.
Richard Martin was watching the sky from inside the upper turret of a B-17 bomber when dots began to appear on the horizon. Dozens of them.
Gene Sweeney has tried to take advantage of the opportunities in front of him, and at the age of 19, that meant enlisting in the Navy’s aviati…
5 updates to this series since
This Week's Circulars
- Gourmet burgers, craft beer coming to Converse
- New Western superintendent has local connections
- 'Greentown's not closed': Extensive work on Ind. 22 has business owners, officials concerned
- FBI says it interviewed FedEx mass shooter last year
- Man, 33, faces molestation charges
- Four things learned during IU spring football practices
- Police: Miami Correctional officer engaged in sexual acts with inmate
- Kokomo man arrested after SWAT standoff
- BOYS BB: TC’s high-scoring Chapman leads All-Area squad
- New Castle woman, 76, trapped in farm grain bin dies