Tom “Grouch” Clougher still recalls approaching the home of his best friend Robert Ryder one afternoon in southeast Brooklyn in 1944.
Richard Martin was watching the sky from inside the upper turret of a B-17 bomber when dots began to appear on the horizon. Dozens of them.
Gene Sweeney has tried to take advantage of the opportunities in front of him, and at the age of 19, that meant enlisting in the Navy’s aviati…
5 updates to this series since
This Week's Circulars
- Surprise for 'Mr. Smiles': Tipton community buys new car for beloved delivery driver
- Billboard mystery: Signs touting Kokomo's '61 championship puzzle drivers
- Vandals knock down 25 bollards on Nickel Plate Trail
- George Will: A heartbreaking spectacle
- Indiana expands COVID vaccine to those 70, older
- New INDOT proposal includes US 31, Division Rd interchange
- Kokomo getting Popeyes eatery
- Howard County Health Dept begins COVID-19 vaccination scheduling
- KPD officials: 15 new officers hired since January 2020
- Capitol assault a more sinister attack than first appeared